Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Phylogeny digitisation

I was hunting around for further research on phylogeny image digitisation to see whether any advances had been made since I last published on the topic and to keep my previous post up-to-date. The main reason behind all of this is to see whether there would be a faster way to digitise a bunch of images that are accumulating on my hard drive. I thought it would be cool to do something with the ripped phylogenies for the iEvoBio Challenge but my current set of trees only has a total of 2,000 leaves and I need 10,000.
Anyway, I came across PHYLODIGM in my searches which looks promising. Thomas Laubach has also done some further work on TreeSnatcher Plus including using the benchmarking dataset from TreeRipper and a number of tree files found via Google searches. Additionally, he has released the source code under the GNU General Public License.
This all looks promising!!!

No comments:

Disqus for Evo-Karma