Tuesday, August 08, 2006

EQO and EpyxMobile


Image CC Thomas Favre-Bulle

In an effort to find out whether it was possible to use a bluetooth enabled mobile as a headset for Skype, I have come across some interesting software.
The clever EQO software which you need to install on your PC and your phone enables you to phone from anywhere to anywhere for SkypeOut prices. If I understand correctly, when you make a call to a Mexican landline for example, EQO software on your mobile contacts your computer via some EQO server, for this you will be charged by your mobile carrier for data transfer, then EQO on your PC uses Skype to SkypeOut to the Mexican landline and then SkypeOut to your mobile so essentially it will cost you 2p + carrier data transfer cost to phone Mexico from your mobile.
But really what I am looking for is a way to have something similar to BT fusion, i.e. a set up that would enable me to call for Skype prices when I am at home using my mobile so that I don't need to use a headset and don't need to be in front of the PC.
Now EpyxMobile is close enough to what I wanted as you can see from this Skype article for mobiles. Unfortunately, I have been unable to download the free software for the time being so have been unable to test it. Sorry!

2 comments:

Thomas Favre-Bulle said...

Hi,
Sorry to post this as a comment but I couldn't find any other way to contact you.
I've noticed that you are using one of my pictures on that page, thanks for that.
But, could you put a label with my name (according to CC licence agreement, you may consult the full text here : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/deed.en_US ).
Thank you very much for comprehension.
(Please delete this post after you read it)

bljog said...

Done. Sorry and thanks.

Disqus for Evo-Karma