Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dispatches: stealing freedom

It is about time we heard about the role the government is taking on ID cards. I thought the Dispatches: stealing freedom was quite balanced in its approach. It is a shame that there is not a bit more talk about the ID cards and the National Identity Registry in the media. I am afraid that once again, the government and its whips are going to manage to push through another legislation that will take away our freedom like the last time. It is now illegal to demonstrated within a mile of Westminster and if you do, you can be searched and finger printed under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005. The guys and girls in blue seem to be using this to search and arrest anybody that gets in the way especially if you are voicing your opinion against the government.
I have written to a couple of peers about the 6th of March ID card bill that is going through the House of Lords. I am glad to see that I am not the only one. Well done CuriousHamster. I hope that this issue picks up a bit of momentum in the blogosphere before it is too late. I think it is imperative that the House of Lords stand by their re-amendments. I really hope they do.

See how big Blair's nose gets when you pull it!!!


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Disqus for Evo-Karma